(1) The art and science of controlling the establishment, growth, composition, health and quality of forests and woodlands. Silviculture entails the manipulation of forest and woodland vegetation in stands and on landscapes to meet the diverse needs and values of landowners and society on a sustainable basis.
(2) Certification refers to the confirmation of certain characteristics of an object, person, organization, or natural resource. This confirmation is usually provided by some form of external review, education, or assessment. With respect to forestry, this could refer to an assessment of a timber stand such as economic value, susceptibility to disease and fire, or habitat value.
Graphical Ontology Browser
- Click on a node to jump to the content of that node
- Pan to see the rest of the graph
- Scroll the mousewheel up and down to zoom in and out
- Rearrange the nodes in the graph by dragging a node to a different position